- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 Tablespoons molasses
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water, about 115 degrees
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- Heat first 3 ingredients in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat until bubbles form around the side of the pan. Remove from heat. Set aside about 10 minutes to cool to lukewarm. Stir yeast into a bowl with warm water. Set aside 5 minutes. Stir egg into yeast mixture. Stir in salt, half the flours and half the milk mixture. Using an electric mixer or wire whisk, mix thoroughly. Add remaining flours and milk mixture and blend well.
- Lightly cover and set aside to let rise in a warm place 45 minutes, until doubled in size
- Preheat waffle iron. When hot, lightly spray with butter non stick spray. Pour batter onto waffle iron to cover about 3/4 of its surface. Close cover and bake about 5 minutes or until iron stops steaming. Open cover and use fork to remove waffle. Continue with the remaining batter. Serve immediately with desired toppings or keep warm in 200° F oven until ready to serve.
NotesI love this, so good with warm molasses & butter with a tall glass of cold milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More