- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4 Doz
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, margarine, and boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes. Grease cookie sheets.
- Thoroughly stir in cornmeal, sugar, bouillon, milk, Cheddar cheese, and egg. Mix in flour, 1 cup at a time, until a stiff dough has formed.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface, mixing in additional flour as necessary until dough is smooth and no longer sticky. Roll or pat out dough to 1/2" thickness. Cut with cookie cutter (I prefer bone shaped), and place 1 inch apart onto the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown. Cool before serving. Store in a loosely covered container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Get Fit With Good Food!
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome RecipesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More