- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp. honey or molasses (optional)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp. or more peanut or safflower oil
- Place peanuts with with the optional honey and salt into a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process for a minute or two and then drizzle in the oil (if necessary).
- Process until the peanut butter is the desired consistency.
- Note peanut butter will have a few stages as you make it - a sort of blob, then paste, then thick (difficult to spread) and finally creamy.
- If your blender or food processor gets too warm, turn it off, and let it cool, and continue processing.
- For crunchy style peanut butter, reserve ¼ cup or so of the peanuts, chop them up finely (or process them for only a minute or two), remove from the processor. Then prepare the rest of the peanuts into peanut butter.
- Using a spatula, add the chopped nuts to the peanut butter. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More