- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup unsalted, roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp. honey or molasses (optional)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- 2 tsp. or more peanut or safflower oil
- Place peanuts with with the optional honey and salt into a food processor or high-speed blender.
- Process for a minute or two and then drizzle in the oil (if necessary).
- Process until the peanut butter is the desired consistency.
- Note peanut butter will have a few stages as you make it - a sort of blob, then paste, then thick (difficult to spread) and finally creamy.
- If your blender or food processor gets too warm, turn it off, and let it cool, and continue processing.
- For crunchy style peanut butter, reserve ¼ cup or so of the peanuts, chop them up finely (or process them for only a minute or two), remove from the processor. Then prepare the rest of the peanuts into peanut butter.
- Using a spatula, add the chopped nuts to the peanut butter. Refrigerate in an airtight container.
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More