- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbl peanut oil
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- hot pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 sm slice ginger, finely chopped
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 1/4 cup long-grain rice, washed
- 1/4 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sm green pepper, seeded and chopped
- Fry the onion in hot oil, in a large saucepan, for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato puree.
- While stirring, fry over a moderate gas for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the coconut milk and continue to cook until the mixture is reduced and thick. Add the rest of the coconut milk, carrots, hot pepper, ginger, bayleaf and salt.
- Bring to the boil, and add the rice and the remaining vegetables, stirring with a fork.
- Reduce to a low heat, cover and cook until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Remove the lid, cover with foil and replace the lid until the rice is done.
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014See More
CHOCOLATE COVERED CHERRY COOKIES
Tomato & Sweet Pepper SalsaSee More