- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbl peanut oil
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp tomato puree
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- hot pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
- 1 sm slice ginger, finely chopped
- 1 bayleaf
- 1 1/4 cup long-grain rice, washed
- 1/4 lb mushrooms, sliced
- 1 sm green pepper, seeded and chopped
- Fry the onion in hot oil, in a large saucepan, for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and tomato puree.
- While stirring, fry over a moderate gas for 5 - 6 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup of the coconut milk and continue to cook until the mixture is reduced and thick. Add the rest of the coconut milk, carrots, hot pepper, ginger, bayleaf and salt.
- Bring to the boil, and add the rice and the remaining vegetables, stirring with a fork.
- Reduce to a low heat, cover and cook until the rice has absorbed most of the liquid.
- Remove the lid, cover with foil and replace the lid until the rice is done.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Get Fit With Good Food!
Special SmoothiesSee More
Honey and Walnut Wholemeal Bread
Zucchini Bread 2
The Best Potato Salad Ever!See More