BUENO'S BASIC RED CHILE SAUCE
- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 26 oz.
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. unbleached flour
- 1-14 oz. container BUENO® Red Chile Puree or BUENO® Special Reserve Puree, thawed
- 1-14 oz. container water (1½ cups water for slightly thicker consistency)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp. BUENO® Oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1. Heat olive oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat.
- 2. Add flour and stir until golden brown, making a roux, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Add red chile and water. Stir to eliminate any lumps.
- 4. Add garlic, oregano and salt. Stir and bring to a boil.
- 5. Reduce heat and simmer with skillet uncovered 20-25 minutes.
- 6. Add sugar and stir. Simmer another 5 minutes.
NotesThis basic recipe for New Mexico Red Chile Sauce is simple to make and can be used in any dish that calls for red chile sauce. Only two ounces of this sauce provide half of the recommended daily allowance for Vitamin A.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Hot and Sour Soup
My Husband’s Favorite Desert
Mickey's Pulled PorkSee More