- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 26 oz.
- Preparation Time: 5
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. unbleached flour
- 1-14 oz. container BUENO® Red Chile Puree or BUENO® Special Reserve Puree, thawed
- 1-14 oz. container water (1½ cups water for slightly thicker consistency)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ tsp. BUENO® Oregano
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1. Heat olive oil in a 12 inch skillet over medium high heat.
- 2. Add flour and stir until golden brown, making a roux, about 2 minutes.
- 3. Add red chile and water. Stir to eliminate any lumps.
- 4. Add garlic, oregano and salt. Stir and bring to a boil.
- 5. Reduce heat and simmer with skillet uncovered 20-25 minutes.
- 6. Add sugar and stir. Simmer another 5 minutes.
NotesThis basic recipe for New Mexico Red Chile Sauce is simple to make and can be used in any dish that calls for red chile sauce. Only two ounces of this sauce provide half of the recommended daily allowance for Vitamin A.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
Yummy Butternut Squash Soup
Meatball Stufeed Tomato
Zesty Party MixSee More