Bueno Foods' Calabacitas con Chile Verde
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
¼ medium onion, finely chopped
2 medium zucchini squash, chopped (not peeled)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 7 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Green Chile
¾ cup frozen corn
⅛ tsp. salt
⅛ tsp. pepper
1. Heat oil over low heat in a non-stick skillet. Sauté onion in oil.
2. Add zucchini and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add garlic to green chile and add to zucchini mixture.
4. Cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Add corn, salt and pepper.
6. Cover and cook over low heat for 8 minutes or until squash is tender.
Pairs Well With
This perennial post-harvest favorite has been a staple in the diets of natives for hundreds, even thousands of years. The combination of native ingredients—squash, corn and chile combine perfectly to delight your taste buds year round.