Bueno Foods' Green Chile Chicken Stew
Why I Love This Recipe
Warms the soul on a cold evening.
Ingredients You'll Need
Non stick spray
1 tsp. olive or canola oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
½ white onion, finely diced
1½ lbs. chicken breast fillets, skinless, boneless, cut into ½ inch cubes (approx. 3 cups)
3 cups reduced sodium fat free chicken broth
1 13 oz. container BUENO® Frozen Green Chile, not drained
2 carrots, thinly sliced (approx. ⅛ to ¼ inch thick)
½ cup frozen whole kernel sweet corn
2 medium Yukon gold or red potatoes peeled and diced into ¼ inch cubes
¼ tsp black pepper
1. Spray non stick skillet with non stick spray.
2. Add olive or canola oil.
3. Heat skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add minced garlic and diced onion and sauté until translucent, about 2 minutes.
5. Remove garlic and onion into separate bowl with slotted spoon.
6. Add chicken pieces and cook, stirring until pieces turn white, approximately 7 minutes.
7. Add chicken broth.
8. Add sautéed garlic, onion and remaining ingredients.
9. Simmer over medium heat until chicken and vegetables are tender, approximately25 minutes.
10. Lower heat if rapid boil develops.