Bueno Foods' Turkey Tacos
1 lb. ground turkey
1 small onion, chopped
1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
(no salt added)
½ cup BUENO® New Mexico Red Chile Sauce
1 medium potato, boiled, mashed
10 taco shells
1/3 cup mozzarella soy cheese
2½ cups lettuce, shredded
1 fresh tomato, chopped
1/3 cup BUENO® Salsa
1. Brown turkey in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté.
2. Add tomato sauce, red chile sauce and potato. Stir well.
3. Cook uncovered over low heat 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Place taco shells on baking sheet. Heat in a 350o oven minutes.
5. Fill each shell with approximately ¼ cup of filling, 1 tsp. soy cheese, ¼ cup lettuce, 1 tsp. tomato and 1 tsp. salsa. One serving equals two tacos.
Pairs Well With
These tacos are flavorful and nutritious while reducing saturated fat, sodium and calories. For these tacos, we used ground turkey (which is lower in saturated fat and cholesterol than beef), no salt tomato sauce and soy cheese. Also we used already prepared taco shells that were made without trans fats.