- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 5
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1-8 oz. can tomato sauce
- (no salt added)
- ½ cup BUENO® New Mexico Red Chile Sauce
- 1 medium potato, boiled, mashed
- 10 taco shells
- 1/3 cup mozzarella soy cheese
- 2½ cups lettuce, shredded
- 1 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/3 cup BUENO® Salsa
- 1. Brown turkey in skillet over medium heat. Add onion and sauté.
- 2. Add tomato sauce, red chile sauce and potato. Stir well.
- 3. Cook uncovered over low heat 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4. Place taco shells on baking sheet. Heat in a 350o oven minutes.
- 5. Fill each shell with approximately ¼ cup of filling, 1 tsp. soy cheese, ¼ cup lettuce, 1 tsp. tomato and 1 tsp. salsa. One serving equals two tacos.
NotesThese tacos are flavorful and nutritious while reducing saturated fat, sodium and calories. For these tacos, we used ground turkey (which is lower in saturated fat and cholesterol than beef), no salt tomato sauce and soy cheese. Also we used already prepared taco shells that were made without trans fats.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette StarbuckSee More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More