- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 35 minutes
BackstoryOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Buffalo Bleu Tailgate Bars, was the 2nd runner-up, created by Sally Foster.
- 6 oz. Tropical Foods Buffalo Nuts, chopped
- 8 oz. all-purpose or pastry flour
- 12 oz. brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz. unsalted butter, melted
- 0.1 oz. salt
- BLEU CHEESE ICING
- 3 oz. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 oz. creamy bleu cheese
- 4 oz. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a quarter-sheet pan or 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- Sift together the flour and salt; set aside.
- Mix the sugar and eggs; add the melted butter and mix.
- Scrape down the bowl. Add the flour mixture; stir.
- Add the Buffalo Nuts and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Recipe makes 12, 3”x3” bars
- BLEU CHESSE ICING
- Cream the softened butter until smooth.
- Add the bleu cheese and cream until smooth.
- Scrape down the bowl and add the powdered sugar; cream until fluffy. Spread over the warm bars.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Healthy French 'Toast'
Shaker Lemon Pie by Robin SindelarSee More