- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 35 minutes
- 6 oz. Tropical Foods Buffalo Nuts, chopped
- 8 oz. all-purpose or pastry flour
- 12 oz. brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 8 oz. unsalted butter, melted
- 0.1 oz. salt
- BLEU CHEESE ICING
- 3 oz. unsalted butter, softened
- 1 oz. creamy bleu cheese
- 4 oz. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a quarter-sheet pan or 13x9-inch glass baking dish.
- Sift together the flour and salt; set aside.
- Mix the sugar and eggs; add the melted butter and mix.
- Scrape down the bowl. Add the flour mixture; stir.
- Add the Buffalo Nuts and stir until evenly distributed.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for approximately 25 minutes.
- Recipe makes 12, 3”x3” bars
- BLEU CHESSE ICING
- Cream the softened butter until smooth.
- Add the bleu cheese and cream until smooth.
- Scrape down the bowl and add the powdered sugar; cream until fluffy. Spread over the warm bars.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Buffalo Bleu Tailgate Bars, was the 2nd runner-up, created by Sally Foster.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More