- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 lb · chicken strips or breasts
- 1 cup · all purpose flour
- ½ tsp · black pepper
- ¼ tsp · salt
- ½ tsp · cayenne pepper
- 1 large · zip lock bag
- 4 cup · finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 red jalapenos, diced
- 2 green jalapenos, diced
- ¼ cup · Franks Red Hot Sauce
- ½ cup · green onion, finely chopped
- 1 packages · Large Pillsbury Biscuits - Homestyle
- 1 flour for dusting
- 1 cheddar cheese for garnish
- 1 quart · vegetable oil
- 1 dill pickle chips and diced tomatoes optional
- 1 recipe ranch or blue cheese dressing or jarred
- 1. If you are using breasts, trim and cut into strips. Then cut the strips into 3 bite size pieces. Repeat until all strips are cut.
- 2. In a large zip lock bag, add 1 cup of flour, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper. With a fork, mix, then add the chicken pieces to the zip lock back bag, seal, and shake well to cover all pieces. Set aside
- 3. In a large skillet, heat 1 quart of oil over medium heat.
- 4. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces either in 2 batches or if your skillet is large enough, add them all. Cook for about 10 - 12 minutes then turn the pieces, and cook for another 5 - 7 minutes.
- 5. Once the chicken is golden brown, remove to a bowl or plate lined with paper towel for draining. Remember to turn the oil off once all the pieces are removed. Let drain for 10 minutes.
- 6. While the chicken is draining, open the biscuits, and roll them out to about 5 inch rounds, about 1/8 inch thickness. make sure your working on a floured surface. Set the rolled out biscuit pieces on wax paper, and set aside
- 7. In a large bowl, add 1/4 cup franks hot sauce & the chopped green onion. Add the chicken and toss to coat all pieces well.
- 8. Take 1 rolled out biscuit, add a thin layer of cheddar cheese, and in the middle, (pickles if you want) then add 3 - 4 pieces of the chicken, (tomatoes if you want) , then top with more cheddar cheese.
- 9. Fold over then tuck in the sides, and roll the biscuit over forming a roll. Press to lightly seal and then place onto a cooking sheet, seal down.
- 10. Top the rolls with some of the diced jalapeno and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- 11. Pre Heat your oven to 350°F
- 12. Bake the rolls at 350°F for about 13 - 15 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes
- 13. Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing and some Celery & Carrot sticks and extra Franks Hot Sauce if you like. (you can use any hot sauce you like, I like Franks for this buffalo chicken)
- 14. Enjoy!
NotesI was watching the Travel Channel and saw a sandwich that I just had to try out with my own spin. A chicken cheddar biscuit from a restaurant in North Carolina. I decide to do a Buffalo style chicken wrapped in a biscuit topped with jalapenos and this thing just came out amazing! This is a must try if you like buffalo chicken!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Secret of the Wings CookbookSee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More