- Cooking Time: 30
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 60
- 1 lb · chicken strips or breasts
- 1 cup · all purpose flour
- ½ tsp · black pepper
- ¼ tsp · salt
- ½ tsp · cayenne pepper
- 1 large · zip lock bag
- 4 cup · finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 red jalapenos, diced
- 2 green jalapenos, diced
- ¼ cup · Franks Red Hot Sauce
- ½ cup · green onion, finely chopped
- 1 packages · Large Pillsbury Biscuits - Homestyle
- 1 flour for dusting
- 1 cheddar cheese for garnish
- 1 quart · vegetable oil
- 1 dill pickle chips and diced tomatoes optional
- 1 recipe ranch or blue cheese dressing or jarred
- 1. If you are using breasts, trim and cut into strips. Then cut the strips into 3 bite size pieces. Repeat until all strips are cut.
- 2. In a large zip lock bag, add 1 cup of flour, black pepper, salt, and cayenne pepper. With a fork, mix, then add the chicken pieces to the zip lock back bag, seal, and shake well to cover all pieces. Set aside
- 3. In a large skillet, heat 1 quart of oil over medium heat.
- 4. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken pieces either in 2 batches or if your skillet is large enough, add them all. Cook for about 10 - 12 minutes then turn the pieces, and cook for another 5 - 7 minutes.
- 5. Once the chicken is golden brown, remove to a bowl or plate lined with paper towel for draining. Remember to turn the oil off once all the pieces are removed. Let drain for 10 minutes.
- 6. While the chicken is draining, open the biscuits, and roll them out to about 5 inch rounds, about 1/8 inch thickness. make sure your working on a floured surface. Set the rolled out biscuit pieces on wax paper, and set aside
- 7. In a large bowl, add 1/4 cup franks hot sauce & the chopped green onion. Add the chicken and toss to coat all pieces well.
- 8. Take 1 rolled out biscuit, add a thin layer of cheddar cheese, and in the middle, (pickles if you want) then add 3 - 4 pieces of the chicken, (tomatoes if you want) , then top with more cheddar cheese.
- 9. Fold over then tuck in the sides, and roll the biscuit over forming a roll. Press to lightly seal and then place onto a cooking sheet, seal down.
- 10. Top the rolls with some of the diced jalapeno and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
- 11. Pre Heat your oven to 350°F
- 12. Bake the rolls at 350°F for about 13 - 15 minutes until they are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes
- 13. Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing and some Celery & Carrot sticks and extra Franks Hot Sauce if you like. (you can use any hot sauce you like, I like Franks for this buffalo chicken)
- 14. Enjoy!
NotesI was watching the Travel Channel and saw a sandwich that I just had to try out with my own spin. A chicken cheddar biscuit from a restaurant in North Carolina. I decide to do a Buffalo style chicken wrapped in a biscuit topped with jalapenos and this thing just came out amazing! This is a must try if you like buffalo chicken!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Social Cookbook
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More