- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of my all-time favorite appetizer recipes to make. I found it on allrecipes.com. SOOOOO yummy! I pretty much make it exactly as shown, and I serve it with tortilla chips, even though the recipe recommends celery and chicken-flavored crackers. In addition, I don't use quite as much cheddar cheese as the recipe calls for, and I mix it all throughout the dip, rather than putting it on top, because I think it looks kind of gross like that. :) Enjoy!
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce, such as Franks Red Hot
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 bunch celery, cleaned and cut into 4 inch pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) box chicken-flavored crackers
- Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through.
- Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing.
- Cook, stirring until well blended and warm.
- Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top, cover, and cook on low setting until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with celery sticks and crackers.