- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (spooned and leveled)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 16 equal-size strips
- 4 cups vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 teaspoons light mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons each water and fresh lemon juice
- 3 dashes hot sauce
- course salt
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 head romaine lettuce cored and chopped
- 4 medium carrots, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium celery stalks, quartered lengthwise and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in ketchup and hot sauce. Remove from heat; cover and reserve sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 3/4 teaspoon pepper. Sprinkle 1/2 cup flour mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet; set aside. In a shallow bowl, whisk together eggs and 2 teaspoons water.