- Cooking Time: 10 to 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryIn my quest for the perfect cookie I found this recipe in our local newspaper. The texture of this cookie, moist from the coconut, slightly sweet from the chocolate chips and a bit of a crunch from the Rice Krispies, makes it a multi-purpose snack for anytime of day. Give it a try, see if you don't become a Buffalo Chip addict too.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup solid shortening
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups quick oats, uncooked
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and shortening. Add sugar, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix well.
- Stir in oats, flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- When well blended, stir in coconut, pecans, Rice Krispies and chocolate chips.
- When batter is thoroughly mixed, measure 1/4 cup batter for each cookie on a large, ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden.
- For a crispier cookie, bake 12-15 minutes.
- Allow cookie to cool slightly on baking sheet before removing.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory Life
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"See More
Frank's Redhot Buffalo Chicken Dip
Applesauce Oaties – Great, Great Grandma Hannon
Pumpkin CheesecakeSee More