- Cooking Time: 10-15 mins.
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 mins.
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup solid shortening (ie. Crisco)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs (large)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats (uncooked)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine & shortening. Add sugars, eggs & vanilla. Mix well. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda & baking powder. When well blended, stir in coconut, pecans, Rice Krispies & chocolate chips. When batter is thoroughly mixed, measure 1/4 cup batter for each cookie on a large ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. For a crispier cookie bake 12 to 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool slightly on baking sheet before removing.
- Can substitute peanut butter, butterscotch or milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
NotesCame from "Hometown Recipes"-American Profice Magazine. Everyone who has eaten these cookies absolutely loves them. I make them at least once a month for my family. They are huge & delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Cooking with Sabra
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More