- Cooking Time: 10-15 mins.
- Servings: 4 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 mins.
- 1 cup margarine or butter
- 1 cup solid shortening (ie. Crisco)
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs (large)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups quick oats (uncooked)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups Rice Krispies
- 6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Prheat oven to 350F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream margarine & shortening. Add sugars, eggs & vanilla. Mix well. Stir in oats, flour, baking soda & baking powder. When well blended, stir in coconut, pecans, Rice Krispies & chocolate chips. When batter is thoroughly mixed, measure 1/4 cup batter for each cookie on a large ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until edges are golden. For a crispier cookie bake 12 to 15 minutes. Allow cookies to cool slightly on baking sheet before removing.
- Can substitute peanut butter, butterscotch or milk chocolate chips if you prefer.
NotesCame from "Hometown Recipes"-American Profice Magazine. Everyone who has eaten these cookies absolutely loves them. I make them at least once a month for my family. They are huge & delicious.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of Cooking
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More