- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- ¼ cup Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts®, chopped
- Oil for frying
- 5 chicken wings
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tbsp. Mirin
- 3 tbsp. Sriracha
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tbsp. sweet chili sauce
- 1 tbsp. fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp. and 2 tsp. sesame oil
- 1/3 cup water
- ¼ head iceberg lettuce, chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- Heat oil for frying.*
- In a medium sauté pan, melt butter over medium heat and sauté the garlic. Add soy sauce, Mirin, 2 tbsp. Sriracha, fish sauce, sweet chili sauce, ginger and 1 tbsp. sesame oil; stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add Tropical Food’s Buffalo Nuts® and water. Reduce until the sauce is at desired consistency.
- While sauce is reducing, fry the chicken wings until crisp and to 165 degrees. Mix together mayonnaise, 2 tsp. sesame oil, and 1 tbsp. Sriracha.
- Toss wings in Buffalo Nuts® sauce.
- Place on chopped iceberg lettuce and drizzle with mayonnaise sauce.
- *Alternatively, the wings can be baked at 400 degrees until crispy.
NotesOn October 9th, 2012, Tropical Foods had its Flavors of the Fall Recipe Contest with the culinary students at the Charlotte Campus of Johnson & Wales University. This recipe, Buffalo Nuts® Wings, was created by Bella Bartha.
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Sauce du Jour Culinary Institution: where every crazy chef gets a sharp knifeSee More
Baked Chicken Reuben
turkey and sweet potato hash
Cheddar Baked Potato SlicesSee More