- Cooking Time: 1 hour for the chicken
- Servings: 10-15 people
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes for sauce
- 23 oz Frank's Hot Sauce original (feel free to mix it up)
- 1 onion minced (white, do what kind you like)
- 3-4 heaping Tbsp. crushed/diced garlic
- 1/2 -3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 -1/3 cup molasses
- Black pepper, or red peppers or Thai peppers, whatever kind of spice you like more than Frank's level of hot, tobasco sauce, etc...
- 2 family packages of wings
- Base Recipe - I like to experiment by adding teriyaki sauce or more honey, etc...
- Grill the wings, it is worth the effort
- The Grill will flame with that many wings on it, so pay attention or you burn them
- Remove when cooked to your liking and let them cool 30 minutes or more, then by hand break them into the drumette and the wing and throw the end part of the wing away
- Put the pieces of the wings with the sauce you put to the side coating them completely, then put the mixture into a 13 x 9 cake pan and heat at 250 or 300 for 30-40 minutes to bake the wings in the buffalo sauce.
- Remove and serve with Lighthouse Blue Cheese or the Light version is good too. Some like Ranch, so whatever is your liking.
- They are smokey, crispy and people will love them and ask you for the recipe, they are a bit labor intensive, but as the title states the right way to make them.
- You can reuse the sauce for shredded buffalo chicken sandwiches if you grill up some breasts and put them on the side for later and pull them apart and then use the left over buffalo sauce.
NotesI hate soggy or soft skinned buffalo wings, which most places serve; very few make them crispy or take the time to cook them right before dipping them in sauce.
Submitted by: "Quinn Filla"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More