- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Coating Mixture
- 5 pounds chicken wings -- cut up
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sauce Mixture
- 3 sticks butter -- softened
- 1/2 cup hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Mix all ingredients of the coating mixture and set aside. Mix the sauce mixture, heat and set aside.
- Rinse wings in cold water, split them at the joint and remove the tips. Place them in a bowl of salted water (1 tablespoon salt per quart of water) and let soak for 30 minutes. Cover the wings with the flour mixture and let place in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight. This will coat them well and will cook better. Cook in a deep fry pot filled with peanut oil for the best or just corn oil. When oil is about 365 degrees, put in small batches of the wings and cook 6 to 8 minutes until brown.
- Add all sauce mixture ingredients to a sauce pan and blend well. The more sauce you use, the hotter the wings are.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More