- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 tablespoons buko pandan powder flavoring
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup sugar (devided into 2)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees C.
- Line muffin tins.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and buko pandan powder and sift all the ingredients together. Set aside
- Separate eggs, one bowl for yolks and another for eggwhites. Using an electric mixer, beat egg yolks for 1 minute and gradually add 1/2 cup of sugar beating egg yolks constantly until pale and thick. Add 1/2 cup water gradually, beating at low speed until well blended. Add flour mixture. Continue beating until well blended. Set aside.
- Add cream of tartar to the eggwhites. Beat eggwhites (make sure the mixer is clean and dry) at high speed until soft peaks forms. At this stage, gradually add the remaining sugar 1 tablespoon at a time beating constantly until stiff. (stiff stage is when eggwhites form peaks and the tips of the peaks don?t bend down).
- Add 1/2 of the beaten eggwhites to the yolk mixture and gently fold-in. Now, fold-in the yolk mixture to the remaining beaten eggwhite until well mixed.
- Pour cake mixture into a prepared muffin tins. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes at 350 degrees C. Cake is done when it springs back when pressed at the center. Remove from the oven and cool.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More