- Cooking Time: 35–45
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 15
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1½ cups bulghur
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 lb asparagus - trimmed and cut into ¾" pieces
- 1½ cup frozen peas, unthawed
- ¾ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup whipping cream
- 2 tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- Melt 4 tbsp butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic; sauté until light golden, about 5 minutes.
- Mix in bulghur.
- Add ½ cup stock and cook until absorbed, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add ½ cup stock two more times, simmering after each addition and stirring often until liquid is absorbed.
- Mix in asparagus.
- Continue adding stock ½ cup at a time until bulghur is just tender and mixture is creamy, simmering after each addition and stirring often until stock is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Add peas and cook 3 minute longer.
- Stir in ¾ cup Parmesan, cream, tarragon and remaining 1 tbsp butter.
- Serve, passing additional grated Parmesan, if desired.
NotesDid you know that legumes are low in fat? Food like peas and beans family are excellent sources of proteins, fiber and flavor. They are great to serve as a side dish.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
My Family Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More