- Cooking Time: 55–60 (total cook time)
- Servings: 24 (8)
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 lbs (1¾ cups) bulghur wheat
- 4 oz (3 tbs) olive oil
- 3 carrots (1 carrot), small diced
- 3 red peppers (1 red pepper), small diced
- 2 red sweet onions (1 cup), small diced
- ½ bunch (⅓ cup) celery, small diced
- 2 tbsp (2 tsp) fresh garlic
- ½ tsp (1 dash+) salt
- 1 tbsp (⅓ tsp) black pepper
- 2–3 cups (⅔–1 cup) cream sauce or alfredo sauce - make in advance
- 24 tomatoes (8 tomatoes)
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In a medium stockpot cook bulghur wheat following box directions.
- Put in cooler to cool down.
- In another medium saucepan or stock pan start sautéing the diced carrots first and let them cook for 4 minutes before you add the rest of the diced vegetables and fresh garlic; continue cooking until vegetables get soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked diced vegetables to the bulghur wheat; put to side to cool.
- Core out 24 tomatoes (8 tomatoes for the home version). Slice the bottom off so tomato has a flat spot.
- Ball 24 portions (8 portions for home version) of the bulghur/vegetable mix then stuff them into the tomatoes.
- Spray pan, then pour half a gallon of cream sauce into the pan.
- Put stuffed tomatoes in the pan.
- Sprinkle shaved imported Parmesan cheese on top.
- Be generous.
- Cover with wrap (twice) and aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 300° F oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover; cook another 5 to 10 minutes to lightly brown.
NotesThe original recipe yields a "cooking for crowds" number of servings 24. To yield a more family cooking size friendly number of servings, mainly 8, use the amount of ingredients in the parentheses.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More