- Cooking Time: 55–60 (total cook time)
- Servings: 24 (8)
- Preparation Time: 25
- 2 lbs (1¾ cups) bulghur wheat
- 4 oz (3 tbs) olive oil
- 3 carrots (1 carrot), small diced
- 3 red peppers (1 red pepper), small diced
- 2 red sweet onions (1 cup), small diced
- ½ bunch (⅓ cup) celery, small diced
- 2 tbsp (2 tsp) fresh garlic
- ½ tsp (1 dash+) salt
- 1 tbsp (⅓ tsp) black pepper
- 2–3 cups (⅔–1 cup) cream sauce or alfredo sauce - make in advance
- 24 tomatoes (8 tomatoes)
- Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In a medium stockpot cook bulghur wheat following box directions.
- Put in cooler to cool down.
- In another medium saucepan or stock pan start sautéing the diced carrots first and let them cook for 4 minutes before you add the rest of the diced vegetables and fresh garlic; continue cooking until vegetables get soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked diced vegetables to the bulghur wheat; put to side to cool.
- Core out 24 tomatoes (8 tomatoes for the home version). Slice the bottom off so tomato has a flat spot.
- Ball 24 portions (8 portions for home version) of the bulghur/vegetable mix then stuff them into the tomatoes.
- Spray pan, then pour half a gallon of cream sauce into the pan.
- Put stuffed tomatoes in the pan.
- Sprinkle shaved imported Parmesan cheese on top.
- Be generous.
- Cover with wrap (twice) and aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 300° F oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover; cook another 5 to 10 minutes to lightly brown.
NotesThe original recipe yields a "cooking for crowds" number of servings 24. To yield a more family cooking size friendly number of servings, mainly 8, use the amount of ingredients in the parentheses.
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More