- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 ½ Cups Bulgur Wheat
- 1 ½ Cups water
- 1 Bell Pepper (Red or Yellow)
- 2 Scallions or ¼ Cup diced Red Onion
- ½ Cucumber
- ½ Cup quartered Cherry or Grape tomatoes
- 1 Can Chick Peas
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/3 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tbs Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Red Chili Flakes to taste (optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a covered pot. Add dry bulgur when the water reaches a rolling boil. Immediately turn heat to low and let simmer for about 8 mins. Remove from heat- keep covered for 10 mins. Fluff with a fork and let cool to room temperature.
- Cut the vegetables and add them to a big bowl. Add the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper & Chili Flakes and most of the Olive Oil (keep a little Oil to add at the end) to the veggies and toss. Add in the Cooked Bulgur Wheat and toss the ingredients together. Taste and add remaining oil and Salt & Pepper if needed.