- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 small garlic clove
- Leaves from 1 large bunch mint (about 2 lightly packed cups)
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Combine bulgur and boiling water, cover and let sit until water is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pulse garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add mint and parsley and pulse just until, the leaves are chopped but not puréed. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl, add the bulgur, peas, zest, juice, oil and salt, and toss until combined. Serve cold or room temperature.
NotesThis fresh-flavored side dish makes a flavorful complement to simple pan-seared lamb chops.
Per serving (about 8oz/234g-wt.): 240 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 37g total carbohydrate (12g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 8g protein
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid Foods
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More