- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup bulgur wheat
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 small garlic clove
- Leaves from 1 large bunch mint (about 2 lightly packed cups)
- 1 cup lightly packed parsley leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Combine bulgur and boiling water, cover and let sit until water is absorbed, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, pulse garlic in a food processor until finely chopped. Add mint and parsley and pulse just until, the leaves are chopped but not puréed. Scrape the mixture into a large bowl, add the bulgur, peas, zest, juice, oil and salt, and toss until combined. Serve cold or room temperature.
NotesThis fresh-flavored side dish makes a flavorful complement to simple pan-seared lamb chops.
Per serving (about 8oz/234g-wt.): 240 calories (70 from fat), 8g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 370mg sodium, 37g total carbohydrate (12g dietary fiber, 2g sugar), 8g protein