- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- 12 large yellow gumdrops
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- 12 semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 large white gumdrops
- Black shoestring licorice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix, milk, oil and eggs.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine vanilla frosting and food coloring.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Cut yellow gumdrops in half widthwise.
- Use the rounded tops for heads.
- Flatten remaining portions into ovals for bodies.
- Place one head and one body on each cupcake.
- Place chocolate frosting in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Pipe stripes on gumdrop bodies to resemble a bumblebee.
- For the stinger, place one chocolate chip at the end of body with pointed end facing out. Position two mini chocolate chips in front of head for eyes.
- Cut white gumdrops in half lengthwise; position next to bodies for wings.
- Insert two licorice pieces for antennae.
NotesThis recipe is from Taste of Home, a perfect little springtime treat for the young or young-at-heart cupcake lovers in your home!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Paul's Food World Volume 1
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Cashew Macadamia Crunch
IRISH CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
Unstuffed CabbageSee More