- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (14 ounces) banana quick bread and muffin mix
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- 12 large yellow gumdrops
- 1/2 cup chocolate frosting
- 12 semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 large white gumdrops
- Black shoestring licorice, cut into 1-inch pieces
- In a large bowl, combine the muffin mix, milk, oil and eggs.
- Fill 12 greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, combine vanilla frosting and food coloring.
- Frost cupcakes.
- Cut yellow gumdrops in half widthwise.
- Use the rounded tops for heads.
- Flatten remaining portions into ovals for bodies.
- Place one head and one body on each cupcake.
- Place chocolate frosting in a resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of the bag. Pipe stripes on gumdrop bodies to resemble a bumblebee.
- For the stinger, place one chocolate chip at the end of body with pointed end facing out. Position two mini chocolate chips in front of head for eyes.
- Cut white gumdrops in half lengthwise; position next to bodies for wings.
- Insert two licorice pieces for antennae.
NotesThis recipe is from Taste of Home, a perfect little springtime treat for the young or young-at-heart cupcake lovers in your home!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More