Bundles of Love
3 large honey crisp apples
1/3 cup diced brie cheese
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
1 tbsp honey
1 lb turkey breast meat cut into 1/2 in. cubes
1/2 tsp sage
Rosemary Pie dough:
2 cups flour
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup cubed unsalted chilled butter
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup cold water
1 tbsp rosemary (dried or fresh)
1. Cook the turkey with sage, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes until meat is white. Do not over cook. Let cool.
2. Hollow out apples using a melon baller. Leave about 1/4 in thick wall. Even out the bottom of the apple.
3. Mix brie, turkey, honey and almonds together.
4. Stuff apples very full with mixture.
5. Place apple in the middle of the crust. Slowly wrap dough over apple. Press the dough tightly against the apple.
6. Using extra pie dough, cut out a circle and press on the center of the apple.
7. Brush with egg wash.
8. Poke 3 holes using a skewer
9. Bake in a 375 degrees until golden brown. About 40 minutes.
Rosemary pie dough:
1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients but the water.
2. Pulse until the flour and butter become small beads
3. Slowly drizzle in the water. If you need more water, slowly drizzle one teaspoon at a time.
4. Bring dough together and form a disk
5. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour.
Pairs Well With
Honey Crisp apples stuffed with creamy brie, toasted almonds, turkey, a drizzle of honey, wrapped in a rosemary pie dough and baked until golden.
There's nothing I like more than apples with brie. So I attempted to stuff an apple with brie AND almonds, turkey and a drizzle of honey. And to seal the deal, I wrapped it in buttery rosemary pie dough to complete a little bundle of everything I love.