- Cooking Time: 45
- Servings: 3
- Preparation Time: 30
- Stuffed Apples:
- 3 large honey crisp apples
- 1/3 cup diced brie cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lb turkey breast meat cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1/2 tsp sage
- Rosemary Pie dough:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 cup cubed unsalted chilled butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 tbsp rosemary (dried or fresh)
- Stuffed Apples:
- 1. Cook the turkey with sage, salt and pepper for about 5 minutes until meat is white. Do not over cook. Let cool.
- 2. Hollow out apples using a melon baller. Leave about 1/4 in thick wall. Even out the bottom of the apple.
- 3. Mix brie, turkey, honey and almonds together.
- 4. Stuff apples very full with mixture.
- 5. Place apple in the middle of the crust. Slowly wrap dough over apple. Press the dough tightly against the apple.
- 6. Using extra pie dough, cut out a circle and press on the center of the apple.
- 7. Brush with egg wash.
- 8. Poke 3 holes using a skewer
- 9. Bake in a 375 degrees until golden brown. About 40 minutes.
- Rosemary pie dough:
- 1. In a food processor, combine all ingredients but the water.
- 2. Pulse until the flour and butter become small beads
- 3. Slowly drizzle in the water. If you need more water, slowly drizzle one teaspoon at a time.
- 4. Bring dough together and form a disk
- 5. Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 1 hour.
NotesHoney Crisp apples stuffed with creamy brie, toasted almonds, turkey, a drizzle of honey, wrapped in a rosemary pie dough and baked until golden.
There's nothing I like more than apples with brie. So I attempted to stuff an apple with brie AND almonds, turkey and a drizzle of honey. And to seal the deal, I wrapped it in buttery rosemary pie dough to complete a little bundle of everything I love.