- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups half−and−half
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup peach preserves (not jelly)
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- Pinch kosher salt
- 4 medium peaches, halved, pitted and grilled or broiled until brown
- Combine all ingredients but peaches (include the bean and its pulp) in a large saucepan and place over
- medium heat. Attach a frying or candy thermometer to inside of pan. (see note below)
- Stirring occasionally, bring the mixture to 170° F. Remove from heat and strain into a lidded container.
- Cool mixture, then refrigerate mixture overnight to mellow flavors and texture.
- Freeze mixture in ice cream freezer according to unit's instructions. The mixture will not freeze hard
- in the machine.
- Meanwhile, chop peaches roughly.
- Once the volume has increased by half and reached a soft serve consistency, add the peaches and
- continue turning to incorporate. Spoon the mixture back into a lidded container and harden in the
- freezer at least 1 hour before serving.
- Yield: About 1 1/2 quarts
NotesThis is from my ice cream delights book
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Growers' Giveback Potluck
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More