- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6 or more
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes
BackstoryYears ago my Sister told me about a casserole made with ground turkey. I followed the recipe the first time, but there was not much flavor. So I decided to modify to my own taste. Over the years I changed it many times to meet the different taste of guest.
This is such a simple dish that may be prepared with your choice of ground meat, your choice of cheese, and your choice of spiciness and hotness.
It maybe assembled in less than 1/2 hour and baked to eat immediately or frozen for up to six months, or to be brought out for at any time for bake and serve to company.
- 1 pkg. Flour tortillas (10")
- 2 lbs. Ground meat
- 2 pkgs. Taco Seasoning
- 1 large pkg. cheese (your choice)
- 1 pint salsa or homemade
- 1 can refried beans (or your favorite beans mashed or lentils)
- Brown and drain ground meat, pour off excess fat.
- Add Taco seasoning.
- In round casserole layer ingredients:
- Spread some salsa/ sprinkle cheese
- Ground meat
- Refried Beans
- on last layer of Tortilla spread some salsa & cover with cheese
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes then Broil until cheese browns. or freeze.