- Cooking Time:
- Servings: about 36 truffles
- Preparation Time: 3 hrs
- -50 g cream
- -28 g coconut milk
- -15 g light corn syrup
- -8 g Kahlua liquor
- -4 g rum
- -6 g butter, softened
- -182 g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- -White chocolate for dipping (at least 1 lb, preparing more will make it easier to work with)
- -2 c toasted, shredded coconut (optional)
- -Bring cream, coconut milk, and corn syrup just to boil
- -Pour hot cream mix over chopped chocolate. Let rest 1 minute to melt chocolate.
- -Stir chocolate and cream gently, beginning in the center and creating bigger circles until all of the chocolate and cream is incorporated into the ganache and all chocolate is melted. Do not heat mix to over 94 degrees F.
- -Add butter, stir until incorporated
- -Add Kahlua and rum, stir until incorporated
- -Transfer ganache to a large ziploc bag. Lay flat on side to spread ganache.
- -Let sit at room temperature until firmed but still workable, about the consistency of peanut butter, about 50-60 minutes.
- -Massage ganache gently and very briefly in bag, working over bag 2-3 times
- -Snip one corner of the bag with scissors and pipe out ganache in quarter-diameter drops onto parchment paper-lined sheet. Rest 30 minutes
- -Temper white chocolate. Make sure dipping chocolate remains in temper, warming or letting cool as necessary. Spread toasted, shredded coconut over plate.
- -Roll drops of ganache into spheres and dip in tempered white chocolate to coat.
- -Once coated in chocolate, roll each truffle briefly in toasted coconut. Place finished truffles on wax or parchment paper.
- -Let truffles rest at room temperature until chocolate is set, about 30 minutes.
NotesThis is my signature chocolate creation. The combination of coconut, Kahlua and rum with dark and white chocolate is amazing! Emulsifying ganache and tempering chocolate can be tricky when you're getting used to it, so feel free to ask for further instructions or consult a chocolate or baking mentor here on bakespace.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Koken met Oma
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for BreakfastSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More