- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees to roast.
- Melt butter in roasting pan. Place pecans in pan and mix with butter. You can add more butter if needed.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes then stir; at 20 minutes stir again and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast until desired crispness or pecans start to brown.
- Store in air tight container.
NotesMy Granny made the best butter pecan pie. She'd roast the nuts using this recipe, then add to pie. Red ground pepper may be added for a piquant taste along with the salt, for a spicy snack.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
'CHEF' the Film Cookbook: Recipes from El Jefe
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Halloween Easy Eerie EdiblesSee More
Christmas Cherry Pie
Low-Fat Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
Mughlai Chicken BiryaniSee More