- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryMy Granny made the best butter pecan pie. She'd roast the nuts using this recipe, then add to pie. Red ground pepper may be added for a piquant taste along with the salt, for a spicy snack.
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 stick butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees to roast.
- Melt butter in roasting pan. Place pecans in pan and mix with butter. You can add more butter if needed.
- Roast in oven for 10 minutes then stir; at 20 minutes stir again and sprinkle with salt.
- Roast until desired crispness or pecans start to brown.
- Store in air tight container.