- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 4 chicken breasts, butterfly cut, thin
- 1-1/2 sleeves Ritz Cracker, ground into crumbs
- Olive Oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 1 C + 2 Tablespoons half and half, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- salt and pepper
- Cut your chicken up into chunks with some kitchen scissors. (I just butterfly cut each breast in half)
- Grind the Ritz Crackers into crumbs in a small food processor. (I just crushed them in a big ziplok bag) Place them in a shallow pan.
- Press each chicken piece into the crumbs, being sure to coat both sides generously. Place each coated chicken piece on a plate.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it is good and hot, pour about 5 tablespoons Olive Oil into your pan. Let your oil heat up just for 30 seconds or so, and then put the chicken carefully in the pan. Don't crowd it now. You'll need to cook the chicken in two batches.
- Let the chicken cook until it's nice and golden brown on the bottom, should take about 5 minutes. Turn each piece with a fork and allow it to cook on the other side. The chicken is done when it's no longer pink inside.
- Remove the chicken to a separate plate and cook your second batch of chicken, adding another few tablespoons of oil to the pan before you add the chicken.
- Once you have cooked all of the chicken you'll have some beautiful crispy treasures left in the pan. Add 4 tablespoons of butter and 1 cup chicken broth to the pan allowing the butter to melt. Whisk the mixture around a bit, scraping the bottom of the pan to break the crispy pieces loose.
- Add 1 cup half and half and 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme. Whisk it around to incorporate and allow it to come to a boil.
- Into a small bowl pour 2 tablespoons half and half and 2 tablespoons cornstarch. Stir it around until smooth. Pour the cornstarch mixture into your pan and stir it with a whisk. Allow it to return to a boil...as it heats it will thicken into a nice smooth sauce of wonder and bliss.
- Remove it from the heat, give it a taste and add a bit of salt and pepper to you liking.
- Serve it over the crispy chicken and enjoy!
NotesThis dish is soooo good! It is restaurant quality food made right at home! My family and I really enjoyed it! The crispy crunch from the Ritz Crackers and the creaminess of the delicious gravy was a perfect combo! So easy to make and it isn't time consuming at all! I served this with mashed potatoes smothered in the gravy! Great meal!
A Gluten Free Christmas with Gluten Free Mama
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Mama Mia ... Lentils Italian Style
Gabriola Clam Chowder
Gen's Vegetable Love PizzaSee More