- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 10
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 sticks butter (no substitutions)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 3 Hershey bars, broken
- Cook butter, water, sugar and vanilla to 300 degrees.
- Stir in pecans if using.
- Spread in 9 x 13 pan, or on a cookie sheet (you have to spread very fast).
- Sprinkle top with Hershey bars.
- Spread as they melt.
- Let cool and break into pieces
NotesI make a lot of this at Christmas time to give to my friends. I was recovering from my transplant this year, and didn't make it. I have been asked to make it for valentine's day. So I made 11 batches of it to satisfy everyone!! It is really simple and taste great!
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Growers' Giveback Potluck
My Family CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More