- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into chunks
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla, rum or butterscotch flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup corn or maple syrup
- Place raisins, sugar, butter, eggs, milk and vanilla in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan. Place over medium heat and cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is hot, slightly thickened and just beginning to bubble, about 4 to 5 minutes. Cool slightly, uncovered, in the refrigerator, while continuing with recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Grease 12 muffin cups or coat with cooking spray. Stir flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large mixing bowl. Make a well in center and pour in warm raisin mixture, stirring just until combined. Stir in nuts until evenly mixed.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake in center of oven until golden and a cake tester inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean, about 15 to 17 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately pour about 1 teaspoon syrup overtop of each muffin. Cool muffins in cups for 10 minutes, then remove to a rack. Serve warm. Store muffins in a sealed bag at room temperature for up to 2 days.
- Note: These freeze well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Italian Exchange
Easy Homemade Salad DressingsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More