- Cooking Time: 30 minutes + cooling
- Servings: 25 squares
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and granulated sugar; cut in butter with a pastry blender until coarse crumbs are formed. Press into a 9 inch square pan. Bake at 350 F. 10 minutes, let cool 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and brown sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over base, return to oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until middle is set. Cool; cut into squares. Yield: 25 squares.
- See more recipes at: www.havefunbaking.com
- And check out: www.lovetobakeandcook.blogspot.com
NotesThese squares are fast and easy to make. They taste like butter tarts but do not take as long to make. I made these yesterday and they were ready to eat in a couple of hours. They are a big hit whenever I make them.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Sailstad Family CookbookSee More
Deep-fried Sesame Balls
Bacon WafflesSee More