- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 Tbs. white Karo
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs. water
- 1 8 oz. choc. Hersey Bar or the milk choc bark
- Melt butter and add sugar, Karo, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occassionally, until mixture reaches 300 degrees (hard crack) on candy thermometer.
- Quickly stir in 1 c. chopped pecans and spread on a well-greased cookie sheet.
- Wait 10 min. or so and spread thinly with 1/2 of the chocolate (which you have melted in a dbl. boiler).
- Then sprinkle with pecan meal or grated pecans.
- Spread waxed paper on top of candy and flip with a spatula and repeat with chocolate and grated nuts on other side.
- Slide cookie sheet back under, place in frig or freezer to let cool.
- Break into small pieces.
- This freezes well and last for months! Keep in frig. when not out for eating.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Black and White Cupcakes
Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
Barbecued BeefSee More