- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 Tbs. white Karo
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tbs. water
- 1 8 oz. choc. Hersey Bar or the milk choc bark
- Melt butter and add sugar, Karo, and water.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occassionally, until mixture reaches 300 degrees (hard crack) on candy thermometer.
- Quickly stir in 1 c. chopped pecans and spread on a well-greased cookie sheet.
- Wait 10 min. or so and spread thinly with 1/2 of the chocolate (which you have melted in a dbl. boiler).
- Then sprinkle with pecan meal or grated pecans.
- Spread waxed paper on top of candy and flip with a spatula and repeat with chocolate and grated nuts on other side.
- Slide cookie sheet back under, place in frig or freezer to let cool.
- Break into small pieces.
- This freezes well and last for months! Keep in frig. when not out for eating.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
GAES PTO Recipes
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More