- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Chicken – 1 kg, skinned, boned, and cubed (2lbs+4oz)
- For marinade:
- Yogurt – 5 tablespoons, plain, thick; use fat-free yogurt if you would like to reduce the fat content of this dish
- Tandoori masala – 1 tablespoon
- Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
- Lime juice – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon, or to taste
- Cummin powder – 1 teaspoon
- Orange color – ½ teaspoon (optional)
- For sauce:
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Butter – 2 tablespoons
- Onions – 2, sliced
- Ginger – 1 inch piece, crushed into a fine paste
- Garlic – 6 cloves, crushed into a fine paste
- Chilli powder – 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- White pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Cashew nuts – 10
- Almonds – 5; made into a thick paste along with cashew nuts and water
- Tomatoes – 2, pureed
- Cream – 2 tablespoons, single (optional)
- Coriander leaves – 2 tablespoons, fresh, chopped, for garnishing
- Marinate the chicken in the smooth paste of marinade, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Heat oil and butter in a medium wok and fry onions for 3 minutes or until golden. Add the ginger and garlic paste along with a little water and fry till oil separates.
- Add the marinated chicken mixture and stir-fry for 8-10 minutes. Add chilli, coriander, turmeric, and white pepper powders, tomato puree, cashew and almond paste, and mix well and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups of water, mix well, and bring it to boil. Cover and cook in a low flame until chicken is done. It takes approximately 10 minutes.
- Pour over the cream and stir in well. The sauce will start to thicken. Garnish with coriander leaves and a dollop of fresh cream. Serve hot with rice, roti, paratha, or naan.
NotesThis is an popular Indian recipe
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
Gluten-Free and DeliciousSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More