- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon red paste food coloring*
- 36 miniature chocolate chips
- 1 tube purchases white decorator frosting
- You may use traditional red liquid food coloring, but it will take a larger amount to achieve the same vibrant color
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Using a mixer, beat butter until fluffy.
- Add sugar; beat until well combined.
- Beat in milk and vanilla extract.
- Beat in flour. If you are not using a heavy duty mixer, it will be necessary to beat in the last of the flour by hand.
- Remove one cup of dough and set aside.
- Beat food coloring into remaining dough to make a bright red tone.
- Form the plain and red doughs into 12 balls each.
- With red dough, separate each ball into one 1-inch ball and five 1/2-inch balls. With plain dough, separate each of the balls into one 3/4-inch ball and four 1/4-inch balls.
- Shape the Santas: Slightly flatten the 1-inch red ball on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- This is Santa's "body".
- Place plain 3/4-inch ball on top of red ball for head; flatten slightly.
- Attach the four red 1/2-inch balls for arms and legs. Attach the last red ball as a cap on top of Santa's head.
- Reshape cap slightly to form a triangle.
- Attach the four 1/4-inch plain balls for Santa's hands and feet.
- Lightly press the balls against each other so they hold together.
- Add miniature chocolate chips to face for eyes and nose.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and leave cookies on baking sheet for 2 minutes.
- Remove to racks to cool.
- Using star tip, squeeze the decorator frosting to form a mustache and beard on Santa's face. Also, form a ball at the tip of his cap and rim at the bottom of his hat.
NotesRecipe © 2007 Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Michigan Berry Pie
Warm Lentil & Pasta SoupSee More