- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3/4 lb. salted butter
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 1/4 c. milk or half and half
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 c. confectioners sugar
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder, optional
- Blend together salted butter along with shortening. Blend well adding milk or half and half, & vanilla extract.
- Slowly add confectioner's sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until you reach desired consistency for spreading & decorating. (This consistency is a personal preference, you can always thin it out with a few drops of milk, or thicken it by adding a little more confectioner's sugar.
- For chocolate buttercream, sift in 1/2 cup cocoa with confectioner's sugar, and incorporate 1/2 cup at a time until blended.
- This frosting keeps well in freezer for about 3 or 4 months.
- The amount of confectioner's sugar you will need is based on how fluffy you like your buttercream. A looser consistency will have a creamy texture and will be easy to frost, however, it will be more difficult to pipe designs, roses, so on.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Short & Sweet
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and AppetisersSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More