- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 18
- Preparation Time: 25
- 3/4 lb. salted butter
- 2/3 c. shortening
- 1/4 c. milk or half and half
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 c. confectioners sugar
- 1/2 c. cocoa powder, optional
- Blend together salted butter along with shortening. Blend well adding milk or half and half, & vanilla extract.
- Slowly add confectioner's sugar, 1/2 cup at a time, until you reach desired consistency for spreading & decorating. (This consistency is a personal preference, you can always thin it out with a few drops of milk, or thicken it by adding a little more confectioner's sugar.
- For chocolate buttercream, sift in 1/2 cup cocoa with confectioner's sugar, and incorporate 1/2 cup at a time until blended.
- This frosting keeps well in freezer for about 3 or 4 months.
- The amount of confectioner's sugar you will need is based on how fluffy you like your buttercream. A looser consistency will have a creamy texture and will be easy to frost, however, it will be more difficult to pipe designs, roses, so on.
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Mrs. Claus Cooks for Holiday Entertaining
Holidays = Desserts = HappinessSee More
Curried Wheat Bread
Chicken Fried Steak (TNT)
BRIE AND PROSCIUTTO FILLED CHILE RELLENOS ON A BED OF FIGS AND ARUGULASee More