- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. Unsalted sweet cream butter (softened)
- 8 c. powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Madagascan bourbon vanilla
- 1/4 c. milk or cream
- Cream butter.
- Add powdered sugar one cup at a time
- Add milk one tablespoon at a time until you get the consistency you want.
- Add vanilla.
- If you're not going to use it right away cover with a damp papertowel or plastic wrap.
- To store overnight, I recommend vacuum-sealing it and refrigerating it.
- Let sit out for a few hours before use after refrigerating.
- For cream cheese frosting substitute 2 - 8oz blocks of cream cheese. Do not use low fat or fat-free cream cheese
NotesButtercream icing is my preferred icing to use when decorating cakes. I love how it oxidizes out the outside and stays creamy on the inside.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry!
Lau Family RecipesSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More