- Cooking Time: 0
- Servings: 3 1/2 cups
- Preparation Time: 10 to 14
BackstoryI wanted to make a great cake, a few years ago
and it had to have a wonderful peppermint frosting. So I found
and tried a recipe. It was a hit at a Christmas pary. It was welcomed
at a new years party, the following year. This frosting is wonderful!
I'll come up with a picture in November or so. I tried to ad one but it
got rejected, at every attempt.
- 8 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candy canes
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 to 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- A. Place the butter in a large mixing bowl. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until fluffy, 30 seconds. Stop the mixer and add the candy, powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and peppermint extract. Blend with the mixer until well incorporated, 1 minute. Increase speed to miedum and beat until the frosting lightens and if fluffy, 1 minute more. Blend in upto 1 tablespoon milk if the frosting is too stuff.
- B. Use to frost a cake.