18 milk chocolate cupcakes - baked
Six full size butterfingers (plus some to cut up on top if you would like)
1 stick butter softened
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2-4 TBS milk
orange gel food coloring (optional)
1) Unwrap your candy bars.Using a vegetable peelers, scrap the chocolate off the bars into a bowl, set aside for topping.
2) Finely crush the Butterfinger insides in a blender, or placing them in a ziplock bag and rolling over with a rolling pin until finely crushed would work. Set aside.
3) In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until soft and creamy. Then add in peanut butter, mix until combined well.
4) In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter until soft and creamy. Then add in peanut butter, mix until combined well.
5) Dump in the crushed butterfingers crumbs. Mix until fully combined.
6) Slowly mix in powdered sugar.
7) If you would like to deepen the orange color, add in a few drops of orange food coloring until you reach a nice butter finer orange.
8) Once all is mixed well and desired color is achieved add in 1 TBS of milk until you have reached the desired consistency. (I used 2)
9) Top cupcakes with icing and sprinkle on chocolate shavings that were set aside. If desired cut up additional candy bars and place chunks on top.
TIP: When cutting the candy bars lay knife over the bar and cut firmly and quickly to keep the bars from crumbling.