- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 10-12 Tablespoons sugar
- Cut chilled butter into flour with pastry blender until mixture is in coarse crumbs.
- Stir in sour cream and lemon peel.
- Shape dough into a 4 1/2 inch square.
- Wrap in plastic and chill at least 2 hours.
- Cut dough into 4 pieces, refrigerate unused dough.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar on work surface, turning to coat both sides of dough with sugar. Roll dough, turning often into a 5x12 inch rectangle.
- On 12 inch side, score dough down the center but do not cut through the dough.
- From the 5 inch side roll the dough in jelly roll fashion, toward the center scored mark. Repeat with the opposite side of the dough.
- Wrap well and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Repeat process with remaining dough. Place 1/4 cup sugar onto waxed paper,.
- Cut each roll of dough into 1/2 inch slices and dip slices in the sugar.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes then turn the cookies and bake another 5 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Makes 2 to 3 dozen.
NotesNice cookie, great for a holiday cookie tray.
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2014
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Simple Recipes that WorkSee More
GINGERBREAD(LAURA INGALLS WILDER)
Boneless Roast Turkey Breast With Blueberry Salsa
Perfect Easter HamSee More