- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 10-12 Tablespoons sugar
- Cut chilled butter into flour with pastry blender until mixture is in coarse crumbs.
- Stir in sour cream and lemon peel.
- Shape dough into a 4 1/2 inch square.
- Wrap in plastic and chill at least 2 hours.
- Cut dough into 4 pieces, refrigerate unused dough.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar on work surface, turning to coat both sides of dough with sugar. Roll dough, turning often into a 5x12 inch rectangle.
- On 12 inch side, score dough down the center but do not cut through the dough.
- From the 5 inch side roll the dough in jelly roll fashion, toward the center scored mark. Repeat with the opposite side of the dough.
- Wrap well and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Repeat process with remaining dough. Place 1/4 cup sugar onto waxed paper,.
- Cut each roll of dough into 1/2 inch slices and dip slices in the sugar.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes then turn the cookies and bake another 5 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Makes 2 to 3 dozen.
NotesNice cookie, great for a holiday cookie tray.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More