- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, chilled
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 10-12 Tablespoons sugar
- Cut chilled butter into flour with pastry blender until mixture is in coarse crumbs.
- Stir in sour cream and lemon peel.
- Shape dough into a 4 1/2 inch square.
- Wrap in plastic and chill at least 2 hours.
- Cut dough into 4 pieces, refrigerate unused dough.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons sugar on work surface, turning to coat both sides of dough with sugar. Roll dough, turning often into a 5x12 inch rectangle.
- On 12 inch side, score dough down the center but do not cut through the dough.
- From the 5 inch side roll the dough in jelly roll fashion, toward the center scored mark. Repeat with the opposite side of the dough.
- Wrap well and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- Repeat process with remaining dough. Place 1/4 cup sugar onto waxed paper,.
- Cut each roll of dough into 1/2 inch slices and dip slices in the sugar.
- Place on baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes then turn the cookies and bake another 5 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack. Makes 2 to 3 dozen.
NotesNice cookie, great for a holiday cookie tray.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Adventures in Cooking
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Thigh and Drumstick Cacciatore
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers
Chocolate PavlovaSee More