- Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- Servings: 10 biscuits
- Preparation Time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1/2 cup lard (yes, the real stuff!)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Extra flour for rolling the dough
- Cut the lard into the flour using a pastry cutter or fork until it is pea sized balls.
- Add the buttermilk 1/4 cup at a time, stirring after adding the milk.
- Do not overstir the dough, mixing just until moistened.
- Sprinkle flour on your rolling surface and scrape the dough onto the
- flour. Knead the dough 2 or 3 turns only and then roll to a
- thickness of 1/2 inch. Cut rounds with a biscuit cutter and place
- the rounds on a baking sheet, without touching the sides of the rounds.
- Bake 12 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from the oven and enjoy with
- your favorite butter and jam or jelly.
NotesMy mother made home made biscuits every morning. We woke to the smell of breakfast cooking and had hot biscuits ready by the time we were dressed. Mom's biscuits were the hit of every meal we had.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
A Falcon Feast
My Family Cookbook
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Dad's favorite peanut brownies!See More