- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is my mom's recipe and also my grandmothers. You can also use sour milk.
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk/ knead dough gently.
- Roll out to a 1/2" thickness.
- Cut with 2 1/2" biscuit cutter and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 min. or until golden brown.