- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk/ knead dough gently.
- Roll out to a 1/2" thickness.
- Cut with 2 1/2" biscuit cutter and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 min. or until golden brown.
NotesThis is my mom's recipe and also my grandmothers. You can also use sour milk.
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More