- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk/ knead dough gently.
- Roll out to a 1/2" thickness.
- Cut with 2 1/2" biscuit cutter and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 min. or until golden brown.
NotesThis is my mom's recipe and also my grandmothers. You can also use sour milk.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3See More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More