- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 C all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda & salt; cut in shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in buttermilk/ knead dough gently.
- Roll out to a 1/2" thickness.
- Cut with 2 1/2" biscuit cutter and place on a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 min. or until golden brown.
NotesThis is my mom's recipe and also my grandmothers. You can also use sour milk.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
Simple Homemade Favorites
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can EnjoySee More
Julia Child's Supremes de Volaille Archiduc
Chicken MoleSee More