- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- Preparation Time:
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 5 Large Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 2/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine, Melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Unbaked 9-Inch Pastry Shell
- Combine sugar and flour in large bowl,
- add eggs and buttermilk,stirring until blended.
- Stir in butter and vanilla, pour into unbaked 9-inch pastry shell.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until set.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Yield: one 9-inch pie
- Check to see if done after minimum baking time by gently shaking pie. The center should be set with a slight jiggle.
NotesI was eating at a local place in Biloxi, MS and they had it on the menu. I tried it and liked it so I looked on-line and found it.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Blue Collar Beer Cheese Dip
Banana Bread Bars with Brown Butter FrostingSee More