BUTTERMILK CHESS PIE
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons All-Purpose Flour
- 5 Large Eggs, Lightly Beaten
- 2/3 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Butter or Margarine, Melted
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Unbaked 9-Inch Pastry Shell
Combine sugar and flour in large bowl,
add eggs and buttermilk,stirring until blended.
Stir in butter and vanilla, pour into unbaked 9-inch pastry shell.
Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until set.
Cool on a wire rack.
Yield: one 9-inch pie
Check to see if done after minimum baking time by gently shaking pie. The center should be set with a slight jiggle.