- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 warm water (between 105-115 F)
- 3 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, warmed slightly
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/12 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- Combine the water, yeast and honey in a large glass bowl and let sit ten minutes to proof. When mixture is foamy add sugar, buttermilk and bread flour and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in the salt and then begin to work in as much of the remaining flour as is needed to make a smooth soft dough, kneading the dough right in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let rise about an hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Divide the dough in two and roll out each half into a circle. Spread each circle with 1/4 cup butter. Using a sharp knife, cut each circle into 8 slices as if you were slicing a pizza. Starting at the bottom of the triangle, roll up to form crescent roll and place these on a nonstick baking sheet. Cover with a floured towel and let rise about 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Bake 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesSoft as a cloud these rolls make a welcome addition to any meal. Add a little cinnamon sugar and they morph into a delicious breakfast treat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
culinary karmaSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More