- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 warm water (between 105-115 F)
- 3 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk, warmed slightly
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3-3/12 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- Combine the water, yeast and honey in a large glass bowl and let sit ten minutes to proof. When mixture is foamy add sugar, buttermilk and bread flour and mix with a wooden spoon until smooth. Stir in the salt and then begin to work in as much of the remaining flour as is needed to make a smooth soft dough, kneading the dough right in the bowl.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap and let rise about an hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Divide the dough in two and roll out each half into a circle. Spread each circle with 1/4 cup butter. Using a sharp knife, cut each circle into 8 slices as if you were slicing a pizza. Starting at the bottom of the triangle, roll up to form crescent roll and place these on a nonstick baking sheet. Cover with a floured towel and let rise about 45 minutes or until doubled in bulk. Bake 16-20 minutes or until golden brown.
NotesSoft as a cloud these rolls make a welcome addition to any meal. Add a little cinnamon sugar and they morph into a delicious breakfast treat.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Georgene's Decadent Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Pie
Charles' Birthday Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Rum Raisin Pudding My WaySee More