- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese little donuts are soooo good. They are like the little ones you get at the flea markets. We found this recipe at cdkitchen.com. For more Pictures go to: http://canadianbakertoo.blogspot.com/
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg (we did not use)
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste
- Sugar, cinnamon sugar or icing sugar for coating
- Heat oil (2 to 3 inches) in dutch oven to 375F.
- Mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, nutmeg and baking soda in mixing bowl. Add oil, buttermilk, egg and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Drop batter by teaspoonfuls (do not make to large or they will not cook through) into hot oil. Fry for 3 minutes or until golden brown on both sides; drain on paper towels.
- Immediately after roll in sugar mixture of your choice