- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients; stir in onion and, if desired, jalapeño.
- Whisk together buttermilk and egg; add to flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Drop batter by level tablespoonfuls into oil; fry, in batches, 5 to 7 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Decadent Desserts Made FromSee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More