- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 60
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 2 cups self-rising white cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (optional)
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- Vegetable oil
- Combine first 5 ingredients; stir in onion and, if desired, jalapeño.
- Whisk together buttermilk and egg; add to flour mixture.
- Pour oil to a depth of 3 inches in a Dutch oven; heat to 375°.
- Drop batter by level tablespoonfuls into oil; fry, in batches, 5 to 7 minutes or until golden.
- Drain on paper towels.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!See More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More