- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Servings: 6 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups buttermilk*
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; set aside.
- Beat together eggs, buttermilk, oil and vanilla in a mixing bowl; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn pancakes when bubbles appear on the surface; cook until golden.
NotesThis is a recipe for buttermilk pancakes that I found in the 'Gooseberry Patch Homestyle Favorites' cookbook (submitted by Rita Morgan of Pueblo, CO).
*For a buttermilk substitute, add one tablespoon of lemon juice or vinegar to one cup of milk (I used lemon juice).
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Blue Cheese And Bacon Cheese Ball
matt's base red sauceSee More