- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine, melted (I use Imperial)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I prefer vanilla from mexico)
- 2- 9 inch pie crusts (I prepare 'Pat in the Pan Pie Crust' as my family prefer these rather than the frozen)
- Mix and pour in unbaked pie shells.
- Bake 400 degrees 30 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees until firm and golden brown about 20 minutes.
- Makes 2-9 inch pies or 3-8 inch pies. (You may want to put foil around the edges of the pies if the edges brown too fast as it's baking). Refrigerate pie.
NotesIt's so good with a good cup of coffee! This is my husband's favorite pie for all holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Just Desserts - Top 20 from the Culinary Alchemy Blog
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More