- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup margarine, melted (I use Imperial)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla (I prefer vanilla from mexico)
- 2- 9 inch pie crusts (I prepare 'Pat in the Pan Pie Crust' as my family prefer these rather than the frozen)
- Mix and pour in unbaked pie shells.
- Bake 400 degrees 30 minutes then reduce heat to 350 degrees until firm and golden brown about 20 minutes.
- Makes 2-9 inch pies or 3-8 inch pies. (You may want to put foil around the edges of the pies if the edges brown too fast as it's baking). Refrigerate pie.
NotesIt's so good with a good cup of coffee! This is my husband's favorite pie for all holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1See More
Whey Bean Salad
Boo CupsSee More