- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, very cold and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk (or more)
- egg yolks
- raw sugar
- Put dry ingredients in food processor, pulse to mix.
- Add butter, pulse until butter is in pieces about the size of a hazelnut.
- Dump into bowl.
- Pour in buttermilk and mix with a fork until a shaggy mass forms.
- Form into a disk about 1 1/2 inches high, cut disk in half and in half again.
- Cut each of the 4 pieces either into thirds to get 12 or in half again to get 8.
- Place on parchment lined sheet pan and freeze for 20 minutes Remove from freezer, brush tops with egg yolk/cream mixture sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for about 12 minutes at 400.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Classic Chocolate Recipes
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Chocolate Eclair Cake
Sara Lee® Fruity Breakfast Bread Spreads
Triple Chocolate Chunk CookiesSee More