- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Servings: 6 to 8 servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups stone-ground yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups low-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1. Preheat oven to 425*F. Place butter
- in a 9-inch cast-iron skillet,and set
- in oven to preheat skillet and melt
- 2. In a medium bowl, combine
- cornmeal,sugar,and baking soda.
- 3. In a sperate bowl,whisk together
- eggs,buttermilk,and honey. Add to
- dry ingredients andstir until fully
- 4. Carefully remove skillet from oven
- and pour batter into center of skillet.
- 5. Bake for 25 minutes,or until top is
- light golden brown. Let cool slightly
- for 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
NotesThis recipe came from just serching the web trying to come up with another way to cook cornbread. Every one in my family loves cornbread with a good home cooked sunday dinner,and this is a favorite.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
Camp Nubar Baking Class
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More